Monday, October 10, 2011

My English course to Phlilipine

I went to the Philippines to take an English language course last  year. There were 50 members of our team. My flight left the Kim-Hae international airport  on the 2nd of  August 2010 at 9:00. The flight arrived at 1:30 a.m on the 3rd of August 2010. After we ate breakfast we got OT  time with Filipino mentors for 3 hours in the gym of Holiday hotel. On the evening of the August 3rd  I went to Risal park with some members to learn about who  Risal was. The next day we went to PITOGO elementary to observe mentors’ classes. The PITOGO school reminded me of our country in the 60’s. In the 60’s, Korea was very poor. There were 45 students in one class. Two or three of school buildings looked very old.  Pitogo elementary school principal guided our team around Pitogo’s school a lot. There were 1,800 students and 80 teachers in Pitogo elementary school. The principal in Pitogo elementary school  was proud of her school being ranked 2nd degree of the final exam in their state. Even though their situation was that bad  I was impressed with  their efforts. After I spending 4 weeks  I came back Pusan, Korea. I felt thankful for my country Korea and I decided to do my best for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment